Friday, November 13, 2009

My Go-To Pose: The Accusatory Finger







You're at a party, someone pulls out their camera, and immediately you assume the pose -- your default picture pose.



Don't kid yourself, everyone has a go-to pose. I mean, you have to right? Nobody wants to be that awkward dude in the picture who doesn't know what to do with his hands, standing just a little too far away from everybody else, with a strained smile that says "Shit I don't want to be in this picture."




If you pull out a camera and yell "Hey Ben, smile!", I will not smile. What I will do is immediately assume my default pose.






With narrowed eyes and a furrowed brow, I invariably raise my index finger and point it directly at the camera, as if to accuse the photographer of a horrible, unspeakable crime.










Don't know exactly why my go-to pose involves an angry/serious face and an accusatory finger. If I had to guess I'd say it's my way of asserting my dominance. Nothing says "I'm a man" like a stern face and a strong forward pointing finger (right?).


Keep in mind, I'm also usually a couple drinks in when this pose is assumed, so maybe that has something to do with it.


What's your go-to pose? If you don't think you have one, take a gander over your Facebook pics and you'll start noticing your pose. When you find it, let me know!










1 comment:

  1. Oh Ben! I think I have a few more photos of you doing just that. Enjoying the blog. You guys keep it up! --Canty

    ReplyDelete