Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Have Arrived, or, The Bitch is Back

Bonjour monde!



After a twelve hour flight next to the most insane American ever created (I will blog about this in greater detail later. I have pages and pages written about it in my notebook), I arrived in Paris at midday yesterday and then spent a very long time waiting for my bag to arrive at the baggage claim (if there's one thing that American airports are slightly good at sometimes, it's getting all the bags there in one go, rather than sending out a steady drip of luggage) and then waiting for my Laotian cab driver to believe that I wasn't Italian (Es tu italien? No, suis americain! No! Ouais!)

I met my parents at the apartment and we wandered around the Eiffel Tower and the Champ de Mars. There is a Christmas Village (Village de Noel) up at the foot of the Champ de Mars right now. I have taken many photos of all of this, but I forgot to bring my Compact Flash reader so there will be no photos until I am back in the United States.

My brother and his fiance arrived at 10 last night, and so we got a late start today.  I was the first person awake today, at 10:30, so I made us a pot of coffee and put out our Parisian breakfast spread: bread, cheese, jam and ham. I was not allowed to buy fig jam at the marche yesterday ("Gross!" my father said), but this morning Nathan and Emily wished that there were fig jam. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I am.

We are going to take a stroll through the 7e visiting Les Invalides and go through the Pletzl to end up in the Latin Quarter. If we have time we will take my mom to Ile St Louis where there are a lot of little craft stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment